The Validate Bar, Deleting Payments, and Refresh button
In this Edition:
- What is the green Validate bar and why am I seeing it in Order Entry?
- How do I delete a payment?
- The power of the Refresh button.
What is the green Validate bar and why am I seeing it in Order Entry?
The Validate bar was added to the software when an update was released to speed up a few CBG, Hunter Douglas, or Comfortex products that were particularly slow. When one of these products is selected, the Validate bar appears and causes all options to be processed AFTER all selections have been made, rather than processing each choice individually. This speeds up these products considerably. In these products, the Validate bar will only show up once you have started entering your choices.
The green Validate bar also shows up when you are editing a line item for any product. This was also added as a result of speed issues. When opening a line item for editing, the software will NOT process anything in that line item until the Validate button is pressed. The benefit of this is two-fold.
- First, this allows the line item to be opened more quickly. Once opened, you should click the Validate bar before making any changes. If you do not hit the validate bar first and then change the product or the vendor, your Room Location, Width, and Height will be lost.
- Second, if you are viewing an older line item that contains a product that has been updated since the line item was entered, this feature allows you to view the outdated options, choices, and pricing, without updating them to match the newer product in your software. In this case, you would NOT push the Validate button.
How do I delete a payment?
When a payment is recorded in the software, it is allocated to a particular Sale or Order, and it is connected to a Customer record. It stands to reason, then, that if you are deleting a payment, that allocation must be deleted first. First find the Sale or Order to which the payment has been allocated, and double click to open it. This can be done from the Sale/Order window or from the Q/S/O Workflow.
To get to the Q/S/O Workflow, go to the Home tab and click on Q/S/O Workflow:
To get to the Sales or Orders Center, go to the Home tab and Click on Sales or Orders:
Double click on the Sale/Order where the payment has been allocated to open it, then click on “Payments” in the lower right corner.
Once the Payments window is open, click on “Remove”.
You will get a message asking if you are sure you want to remove the payment. Click Yes. It will remove the Allocation first, then ask if you want to also remove the payment.
Click Yes, delete the payment. Your payment has now been deleted.
The Power of the Refresh Button.
Have you had times when certain updated items in the software didn’t appear to take affect when you thought they should? If so, let us introduce you to the Refresh button. This button is on the Home tab of your software.
When pressed, this button will refresh the screen you are on at that moment. For example:
- If you are waiting for a Quote or Sale to sync, press the Refresh button to check if it has synced. This will be visible on either the Q/S/O Workflow or the Quotes/Sales/Orders Window.
- If you have made a change in a Quote or Sale and the price does not appear changed in the Quote/Sale window, pressing the Refresh button will update that price.
- Generally, anytime something doesn’t look the way you think it should, the first thing to try is the Refresh button.